Monday, April 07, 2008



Mom just drove away to head back to Ohio. I'm going to miss her. She arrived on January 31st (, so she has been here a little over two months, even excluding the six days she was gone for Grandma J's services recently. After having someone stay with you for that long, you get used to having her around.

Even though I will miss Mom, it'll also probably be nice to have my place to myself again. And assuming things continue to progress with MM and we move in together as planned, this will likely be the last "alone" period I will have for a long time. . . . maybe ever!

As I was just recently blogging about my clutter, I must also mention this: as I was helping Mom pack her car for her trip, I noticed that she had mostly what I would consider unnecessary crap to take with her. Of course, I realize that "one man's trash is another man's treasure," and that these things were probably not "unnecessary crap" to HER, but seeing her stuff was a reminder that I come by my clutter-bug tendencies honestly. LOL

MM and I had a wonderful weekend in Tucson. (In spite of the fact that we had our first fight when I couldn't immediately find my way to the hotel. It was over in five minutes and quite funny in retrospect, but boy did he make me angry for a few minutes there.) We arrived late on Friday night and had dinner at Oregano's--yum! Saturday morning we drove down to Nogales to do some shopping. I'll include a couple of photos from our trip later in this post (because I'm too dumb to figure out how to post them in the middle).

Saturday evening we attended the wedding of my friend L and her (now) husband M, the actual reason for our trip. The wedding was great: it was in a beautiful setting, the weather was perfect, it seemed to go off tastefully and without a hitch, and we had fun chatting with some of my old Tucson friends.

Sunday we slept in, then stopped for a little shopping at the outlet mall before returning to Phoenix to have dinner with MM's parents and my mom. That went well, too, and all the parents seemed to hit it off.

I was exhausted and in bed before 9:30 last night. I slept straight through to 6:45 this morning.

Gotta hit the shower: I've been "working at home" this morning as Mom was getting packed, but I've got to be in the office for a meeting in a little over an hour.


Land family said...

I was married in Tucson back in 98 (I used to live in Sierra Vista). How was the weather? I'm glad you had such a good time with your Mom. What a nice long visit!