Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Starbucks makes me happy

Seriously, despite what MM thinks, I have a real dependence on my morning coffee.

As I was getting ready this morning and driving to work, I was in a funk. I felt "BLAH" for no real reason. In fact, I was mentally slapping my face, telling myself "WTF is wrong with you?? Everything in your life is good, and you have no reason to feel this way!!"

I stopped at my friendly neighborhood Starbucks on my way to work and got a lovely caffe misto: 8 oz of dark, brewed goodness and 8 oz of steamed milk. . . . just so it seems to be meeting some actual nutritional need.

Now, less than an hour after finishing this elixir of the gods, I am feeling 100% better and ready to tackle my day. OK, I am also feeling a little wired and flushed from the caffeine, but it's a small price to pay for the improved mood.

Coffee, I love you so. I don't think I can ever give you up. ;-)

0 comments: