Saturday, April 19, 2008

Quick weight loss

202.4

The secret to my quick weight loss? I've hardly been able to eat anything for the past two days due to a stomach virus. I have no doubt that the scale will jump right back up to 208 once I am recovered and rehydrated.

I started feeling crampy and nauseous around noon on Thursday. The abdominal cramps were so bad by 3:00 that I went home, where I spent a miserable evening and had to make many, um, urgent trips to the bathroom. Yesterday was awful: in addition to having all these same symptoms, I was also exhausted from not sleeping most of Thursday night. I went to work for a few hours because I had certain tasks that I HAD TO accomplish before close-of-business on Friday & a 10:00 a.m. conference call. As soon as I'd done what I had to do at the office, it was back home to lie on the couch, nap a little, and generally wallow in my misery.

I was optimistic that I would feel better today, but I'm still not back to normal. I was awakened by nature's call at 4:30 and again at 6:00. Anything I put into my stomach--even plain water--makes it churn and tighten into knots. I have zero appetite; it's all I can do to force myself to drink water.

I had planned to go to the office today: I have a lot of work I need to catch up on. (That was true before I got sick, and it's even truer now that I didn't work full days on Thursday or Friday.) Alas, I think I am going to have to stay close to home instead. Being sick sucks!

MM and I have plans to go to a party at my friend J's place tonight. I hope I am feeling well enough to go!

P.S. On the plus side, I haven't had any coffee since Thursday morning, when I could only finish half my caffe misto. Maybe this stomach bug will help me kick my caffeine habit! I couldn't stomach coffee at the moment. Yes, I've been headache-y. . . . but I'd expect that due to dehydration anyway.

2 comments:

Land family said...

hee hee! Are you sure you want to go off the pill? This may become a permanent feature in your life!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I really hope that you feel better soon. I've been sick 3 times this year and am so freaking tired of feeling lousy!

I hope you are able to make your party tonight, and yeah, this may take care of the caffeine deal for sure.

Feel better!

Anonymous said...

Um yeah, I spent New Year's that way so I totally feel you on this one. I also lost an inordinate amount of weight and gave up caffeine for like a day or two...but you are stronger than I, for sure!

I am so glad you are starting to feel better cause that is a royal ass kicker!