Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Acai

204.8

I've had no coffee the past two days, and surprisingly, no headaches and a terrific energy level. Instead of stopping at Starbucks on my way to work, I've been stopping at Jamba Juice for an Acai Super-Antioxidant smoothie (http://www.jambajuice.com/#/smoothies/) with an "energy" boost. I'm not sure what part of the formula is causing my increased energy level, but I'll take it.

That is not to say that I have made up my mind to quit caffeine for good, as I had a couple of weeks ago. Nope, I am leaving open the possibility that, on some days, I may want/need a caffe mocha, or at least break down and have a cup of regular coffee at the office. But I am going to try and avoid caffeine to the best of my ability without torturing myself.

I've been quite productive at work this week. I have everything for all my deadlines through May 9th completed and can now work on catching up on the projects that I'd had to back burner during my recent crunch time. I will be out of town on travel at least one day next week and two days the next (including an overnight). And I found out today that I am going to get to fly to San Francisco for depositions again at the end of the month--yea! This time I am going on a Friday, so I am trying to convince MM that he should fly out and join me later that evening. . . . the Padres are playing the Giants at Pac Bell Park, so that's an added incentive for him, being the huge baseball fan that he is.

Turns out my dad is coming alone to visit me. First time ever since he has been married to my stepmom (over 18 years) that he's visited me solo. He flies in at 6:00 on Friday and will stay until Monday morning; I'll be taking him to the airport just before I head out of town to Yuma. I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Not much else to report. Life is pretty much status quo. No news is good news, I suppose.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I am so, so jealous of your easy access to Jamba Juice. :)

K said...

Mmm.....I love Jamba Juice. Except that the Acai sounds healthier than the Peanut Butter Moo'd.

I'm writing from the outskirts of San Fran right now. My sister gave birth early Wednesday morning. My niece is absolutely beautiful!

I hope you persuade MM to go with you to SF. AT&T Park is one of my favorite baseball parks, the Radio Guy and I had so much fun when we went (to further persuade MM, you should show him my SF pics on my myspace page, I have a bunch from AT&T Park). And you must try the gilroy garlic fries if you haven't already.