Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ready. . . Go

204.4 (hmm)

After waking up feeling so great on Tuesday, I woke up at 4:00 a.m. yesterday with a migraine. Thank goodness Imitrex & ibuprofen, along with a few more hours of sleep, knocked it out and I was able to proceed with my day. I felt so-so most of the morning, but back to normal by afternoon. (Not sure what triggered the migraine: dehydration? I worked out on Tuesday evening and maybe didn't drink enough water after. I really couldn't identify any other potential cause.)

Today I feel fine: not tired, but not particularly energetic, just somewhere in the middle. I am still off the coffee, which is good. . . . though I did have a small (8 oz) chai tea latte yesterday morning, just to help with my headache a little.

Last night after work I went to Trader Joe's and picked up some healthy foods to eat. I've just finished a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch with a few fresh strawberries and 1% milk, and I have a plan for the rest of the day: cheese and lean jerky for snacks, vegetable enchiladas (frozen) for lunch, and MM and I are going to Sweet Tomatoes after the gym for dinner.

I also did some crunches and squats last night. My abdominal muscles are sadly weak: I could only do 30 crunches, and even that was broken up into sets. I need to work on this for sure.

I have less than $20 to spend until payday tomorrow, so it shouldn't be hard to stay on plan. And I like eating what I bring to work for lunch because it saves me time not having to leave the office to get something. . . . time that is better spent doing billable work for clients. ;-)

I would dearly love to get under 200 lbs. It's so sad that this is my goal, but baby steps. . . .

0 comments: