Sunday, June 11, 2006

Weekend update

My weekend went mostly as planned. I was awakened shortly after 4 a.m. Saturday by a migraine. Horrible pain behind my left eye & nausea. Yuck. As luck would have it, I had run out of Imitrex, so I had to drive to a 24-hrs Walgreens to get a refill; it wasn't ready until almost 5 a.m.

My migraine was about 85% resolved by 9:00 a.m. after two doses of Imitrex and some intermittent sleep. I ran my planned Saturday morning errands (more about that in a minute), but then felt icky again. So I came home, took more meds, and slept. By the time I woke up, it was after 2 p.m. Needless to say, our plan to head up to Phoenix around 11:00 was out the window; we finally left a little after 3:00.

Once we arrived in Phoenix, we hung out with KMC for about an hour, then headed out to the planned dinner with my law school friends. I saw a couple of acquaintances I hadn't seen in a really long time, which was fun. Only downside was that we were a large group--12 people in all--so I didn't get to talk as much with my closest friends as I would've liked. We ate at Buca di Beppo, which was very yummy! SL loves eating there (even though he doesn't necessarily love hanging out with my friends; he is shy).

Today we slept late, then had brunch with KMC before heading to the ballpark early. (SL wanted to avoid the worst of the crowds and visit the Team Shop.) We ended up leaving the game early because our team was losing 13-1 in the seventh inning (the final score was 15-2). We stopped by In n Out Burger to pick up dinner, then headed home.

Aside from Saturday morning's migraine, I had a good weekend. We are going to be out of town next weekend, too, as we are taking a road trip to visit my dad for Father's Day.

Sebastian was very happy to see us when we arrived at K's to pick him up!

When I went to the video editor's on Saturday morning, I was very happy with the way the images on the 8 mm film have held up over time. The one bad thing, though, was that there were no films later than 1971, which means no footage of my sister. (She had suspected that this might happen.) I am now debating whether she will want a copy of the DVD when it's finished since she isn't on it. I think I will still get her one, since it obviously has footage of many people she loves: both our parents; both our grandmas (now deceased); various cousins, aunts, & uncles; and of course, her favorite sister. ha ha

1 comments:

Valerie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Sorry about the sh1tty migraine. :( Not cool. But at least the weekend redeemed itself. :) And Buca di Beppo--YUM indeed! I am wildly jealous. :)

Hope S had fun with Dickens!

xo-
v