Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday, Monday

219.0 (yes!)

I was happy to see my weight this morning. . . lowest number I've seen in a while! I'm sure my "official" weigh-in tomorrow evening will be higher (since it won't be first-thing-in-the-morning or naked), but I'm hoping I will post a loss. Keep that motivation going.

I am having no trouble staying within my points today, but I am not doing so well on the fruit/veggie front: I've had exactly zero servings of both. I have a healthy dinner working in the crockpot at home that will give me at least one serving of veg, but I am going to have to start making more of an effort on that part of the plan.

It would help if I had money! I checked my bank balance on-line this morning (as I do every morning because I am paranoid about fraud, prosecuting property crimes as I do) and realized I miscalculated and overdrew my account. Oops! So in addition to having less money than I thought until next payday (this Friday, June 30th), I also now owe overdraft fees. (sigh) You'd think at age 35 this would no longer be an issue.

I know lots of people in the world have it way worse than me, but it is more than a little frustrating to be my age, have 3 degrees, and still struggle financially. (SL is in the same boat; in fact, he has a lot more debt than I do & earns about the same salary, so he is worse off.) I know that money isn't everything, but the stress of worrying about how you are going to make it from paycheck to paycheck is not fun. Plus my relative poverty holds me back from doing things I really want to do, like buy a house & have a child. Anyway. . .

I debate looking for another job (because God knows I could be making more money somewhere else), but I like what I do & don't want to quit. SL wants to change jobs; he is just waiting for the end of a full year with his current employer because then he will get profit sharing. He's brought in plenty of money for his boss, so he ought to get something out of that.

SL suggested going to a movie tonight, so we are going to see Nacho Libre or Click (probably the former, if the timing works out). And that's my life.

0 comments: