Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ms. Cranky Pants

220.4

For some reason I woke up "on the wrong side of the bed" today. It could be because I didn't get home from the jail until after 11:00 p.m. and was too keyed up to go to sleep until after midnight. Last night was the fourth consecutive night I had to go to the jail in the evening to make bond recommendations at initial appearances; I think all those (relatively) late nights have caught up to me.

I sallied forth to a nearby coffee shop for a pick-me-up. In addition to a yummy iced cafe mocha (non-fat milk), I bought my favorite pastry there: a chocolate espresso scone. 10 points for the whole outing, but well worth it in my view, because I felt perkier since the sugar & caffeine have kicked in. :)

I've hardly seen SL this week because of having to drive down to the jail at 8:30 each evening. Monday I saw him for about 10 minutes before going to sleep; Tuesday the same (& when I got home, he had been drinking beer, which annoyed me: I hate for him to drink during the week!); and last night, too. He is going to cook us a yummy chicken & veggie stir-fry for dinner, and we may watch a movie we Netflixed (I'm voting for Proof). On the other hand, SL may want to watch the Mariners game; they've been playing the Diamondbacks. It'll be nice to relax.

0 comments: