Thursday, November 08, 2007

Happy Birthday to Rowan!

211.0 (after breakfast, oops)
Before I write about anything else, I must commemorate a very special day in the life of our family. A year ago today, my adorable nephew Rowan was born. He is my parents' first grandchild and my first nephew. It is amazing how eventful his first year has been! (As with any baby, I suppose, but you always think your own are special. LOL) He is "cruising" and almost walking; vocalizing almost non-stop and can actually "Mama," "Daddy," and "bottle;" and has eight teeth.
It also goes without saying that he is adorable! ;-)
I called him this morning and sang him The Birthday Song. I could hear him laughing and babbling on the other end of the phone. . . . the little dude! I can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks.
I saw MM last night as planned and had fun. A nice mellow evening: we got a quick bite to eat at Fuddrucker's, then saw "Michael Clayton" (good movie). MM was tired and left right after seeing me safely into my place. Good, light conversation, lots of kissing and hugging. Just a nice, easy, relaxing time.

In regard to my meeting his parents Saturday. . . . when MM first picked me up last night, he said that he'd decided not to pick me up after getting them from the airport because he sensed that I didn't want to meet them. That was, in fact, incorrect, and I told him so. So now the plan is that he will pick me up on his way to the airport. (He assures me that they will not be freaked out when he shows up at the airport with me. LOL)

He asked me again right before leaving, too, if I was sure I wanted to meet them and assured me that I didn't have to if I didn't want to. He has gone out of his way to give the impression that this is not a big deal to him and that he doesn't care whether we meet. . . . but I wonder.

After we drop off his parents on Saturday night, we are going to a comedy show at the Tempe Improv (his idea/suggestion). It should be fun! First time we've done that together, and I've never been to the Tempe Improv.

MM also invited me to a Thanksgiving party at his work on the 20th (he is going to be dressed up as an elf!) and a holiday party with one of his friends from work right after Thanksgiving. So it sounds like he's planning on my being around. ;-)

I am really getting more and more attached to MM. I would be a little more freaked out about it if I didn't completely get the impression that the feeling is mutual. He is very affectionate with me--and not even in a sexual way--and, in spite of our "arrangement," talks about me and us in a way that lets me know that our relationship is important to him.

Aside from my "arrangement" with MM--which is going very well, in my opinion--life in general is good. I am quite busy now at work. It used to be a simple matter for me to think of my upcoming deadlines and assignments, but I have been assigned to so many new cases in the past three weeks that I now feel a bit scattered. Well, I know I'll manage things OK. It's just a mental adjustment to go from having too little work to do to having a lot to do.

No plans to do anything tonight. Tomorrow is my payday, and in my usual fashion, I have almost no money left in my checking account--and haven't had all week. (Savings? Ha! I have none.) Once my direct deposit hits my account early tomorrow morning, I will finally have some discretionary income once again. I hate this living paycheck to paycheck sh1t, but whatever. I'm making some progress on that front.

Friday night KC & I are going to have a late dinner together once she gets off work. That should be fun.

0 comments: