Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Complacent

?? (forgot to weigh)
I finally dragged my lazy a$$ out the door and went for a jog/walk this morning. Sebastian & I were out for just over 30 minutes. I'm proud of myself! Baby steps. . . .
Part of what inspired me was watching The Biggest Loser last night. Believe it or not, I'd never before watched an episode of that show. I only watched last night because I'd determined I would have a relaxing night and decided that vegging on the couch and watching TV would be more relaxing than surfing the internet or reading something intense.
The show didn't inspire me because of how hard the contestants worked or anything. No, it inspired me because I started thinking "Holy shit! If I don't get a handle on my weight, I could end as big as these people were when they started!" Several contestants were over 300 lbs, or close to that. I am already over 200 lbs and have been sitting comfortably over 200 for almost three years. When did I decide that being this big is OK? Ugh.
Eating enough veggies and avoiding unhealthful foods is a huge challenge for me, but exercising shouldn't be: I actually enjoy it once I just make myself get out there and do it.
I think of MM, too. He is not overweight at all--in fact, he can eat whatever crap he wants and never gain weight--and yet he works out 5 days a week. It's just a matter of getting in the habit.

I'm seeing MM tonight! He called yesterday just as I was leaving the office. We are going out on our usual mid-week date, dinner & a movie. I'm looking forward to seeing him!


And on that note I'll close. I need to tidy up and vacuum so the place will be presentable when MM comes to get me tonight.

0 comments: