Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Back to my life

I have to say that, given my lack of exercise over the past few weeks, coupled with my horrendous eating over the past several days while on vacation, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the above number on the scale. Granted, it is pretty close to what I weighed when I started Weight Watchers back in 2003 (212.2 was my start weight then), but looking at it from my current perspective, I'll take it.
After my weeks of relative inactivity and my past week or so of crappy eating, I've been feeling like a slug. So when I got home from MM's this morning around 6:00 a.m., I walked on the treadmill for about 25 minutes. (I'd hoped to jog half the time, but ended up just walking at 3.8 mph instead because I was tired.) Today I've been drinking lots of water--I'm partway through my 2nd liter of the day--and I had a healthy salad for lunch. I intend to stop by Trader Joe's on the way home to pick up some food, since I have basically nothing at home, so while I'm there, I'll get something relatively healthful for dinner, too.
Had a nice evening with MM last night. We just grabbed dinner at Red Robin, then hung out at his place and watched some TV. (And had lots of sex. LOL I lost count after the 5th or 6th time.) I was EXHAUSTED. I ended up spending the night there, simply because I was too wiped out to drive home before it even got to be 10:00. MM commented at dinner that I was not my "usual bubbly self." He said he'd wondered if I was subdued because I was upset with him, until I explained that I was just hella tired. The traffic was not quite as bad on the drive home because I left 30 minutes earlier than last time; I'm glad I spent the night with him.
It was really great being with MM again. I don't have doubts about him or us when we are together. He must've told me 5-6 times that he missed me and that he was glad I was back, and he was extra-affectionate: he spent hours holding me in his arms and kissing my hair & forehead. He called me "my girl" and "my buddy" and obviously was just generally glad to be with me. Seems crazy to me that he would consider giving this up. . . .
He already text'd me as soon as he got to work this morning to see how my drive home was this morning. So things seem to be status quo between us. We'll see.
Sebastian was happy to see me. He was confused to be at MM's, and he had to sleep outside the bedroom, which did not make him happy. When I last saw him before I left for work this morning, he was curled up on my couch with his head on the arm; he didn't even raise his head as I walked out the door, he was so tired.
My agenda for the rest of today is to keep cranking out some assignments here at work until about 6:00 and spend the evening doing laundry and cleaning up. I have a crapload of stuff to do, at work and at home.
Still, it's good to be back.