Thursday, August 16, 2007

Good intentions

213.4 (official weigh-in at 6:30 p.m.)
I finished unpacking all my bathroom/linen closet stuff last night and organized it all. What a good feeling! It took me the better part of an hour, but it's amazing what a difference doing it made. I had a lovely feeling of accomplishment when I finished, and it was great this morning not to be searching for things I needed and to see my vanity all cleared off. I found lots of stuff I forgot I had (including 3 toenail and 2 fingernail clippers!), cleared out a lot of old/expired/dried-up products, and just generally got organized.
Last night's unpacking/organizing spree showed me that my new place has so much storage space, it's really hard to fathom. As someone who has been renting her entire adult life. . . about 19 years, if you include college. . . . I can really appreciate an apartment like this! My bedroom alone has three full closets; all my clothes don't even fill two of them. That doesn't include the storage in the bathrooms, second bedroom, or an outdoor storage closet. It's great!
I plan to spend time tonight working on unpacking/organizing my bedroom. Honestly, there are only about 4 more boxes to unpack--and 3 of those just have clothes--so it shouldn't take long if I just knuckle down and do it.

Look at me exercising the self-discipline! :)
I met my friends the Hs last night at a cute little pizza place after work. Their baby--4 weeks old--is so unbelievably good! He was finishing up nursing when I arrived, then slept the rest of the hour-and-a-half we were there; I never heard a peep out of him! I have seen him three times and have only seen him awake once, for about 5 minutes. LOL
This evening is my Jenny Craig weigh-in. Despite my intentions, I haven't had quite the week I'd hoped: I ate (unplanned) lunches out twice, in addition to 4 dinners out, since last week's weigh-in. Well, to focus on the positive, I did bring lunch more often this week, and the times I ate out, I made generally good choices (with the notable exceptions of the D-backs game & The Melting Pot!). We'll see what the scale shows tonight. . . . I'm not terribly optimistic. In addition to the not-quite-on-target eating, I've done no exercise, and I'm due to start my period any minute. (sigh)

0 comments: