Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Can't believe it's almost June. . .

I had a really enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. Friday night SL & I went out to dinner with F & T, as planned. We went to a really yummy Middle Eastern restaurant that I'd never been to. (It's actually quite close to our home and we've driven by lots of times & said we should try it.) The service was slow, but the food was delicious. And we didn't mind the slow service because we were in no hurry and it gave us time to chat.

Saturday I was a lazy bum: slept in late, then surfed the internet, and finally set off to my friend V's house. Stayed at V's until Monday morning. IMO, it really wasn't hot enough to swim in an unheated swimming pool, so I spent 90% of my time reading. I probably watched a total of 3 hours of television over 2 days. I finished The Breakdown Lane by Jacquelyn Mitchard, which I had started earlier in the week. I also got over halfway through Guns, Germs, & Steel by Jared Diamond; a very interesting read so far.

Monday morning I got up at a decent hour and drove home. Then SL & I almost immediately left for a pool party at our friend M's house. We picked up my CASA child, M, on the way. We were at the party for a little over 3 hours and had a good time. (I think M & I had more fun than SL, but he said it was OK.)

After SL & I got home from the party, he tried to persuade me to go with him to see the latest X Men movie, then gave up and went alone. I stayed home and watched Just Like Heaven, which had arrived via Netflix earlier in the week. (SL generally refuses to watch "chick flicks" and had said he did not want to see it.) I enjoyed it! I really like Reese Witherspoon, and I thought the movie's concept was an interesting twist on an idea. And of course, it had a happy ending: hooray!

As I was looking at tomorrow's calendar this afternoon, I couldn't believe tomorrow is May 31st! Once June is over--and it's a short month--we will be halfway through 2006! It's true when people say that time seems to pass more quickly as you get older. . . at least, it has seemed so to me. I have one of my busiest months for birthdays in June (6 total) and three wedding anniversaries, including my mom & stepdad's 25th anniversary. Hallmark makes a lot of money off me in the spring & summer!

I originally had four trials set in June, but it now looks like only two of those are going to go ahead as scheduled (the other two are being continued by the defense). I am going to pick up a trial for my friend F at the end of the month, too, I think. I have three trials set in July, so if all of those go, it should be a busy month. I already have two trials set in August, too (as well as one each in September and October). I'm glad: I'd like to be in trial just a little more often. Knowing how these things work, I will likely end up inundated with trials in the late summer/early fall: it seems it's always feast or famine, like with everything else.

SL is out late tonight for work. I am hoping to get a little bit of cleaning (& perhaps de-cluttering) done in his absence.

So on that note, I'll close.

0 comments: