Thursday, May 11, 2006

To love another person is to see the face of God

I woke up this morning before 5:30 a.m. with a migraine; horrible sharp pain behind my right eye plus nausea & dizziness. After a mega-dose of ibuprofen and two doses of Imitrex, the pain, etc., had subsided enough for me to fall asleep. I slept almost the whole day until 4:30, only getting up for less than an hour at noon in a vain attempt to go in to work.

I feel OK right now. My headache has subsided to a dull, all-over ache, and my other symptoms are gone. I'm not 100%, but much improved from this morning. I am still really tired, though. I'm always like that after a migraine. Not sure if that comes from the migraine itself or the medications.

On to happier news. . .

I finished my trial yesterday. The jury's verdict (after a little over an hour of deliberations) was guilty on all counts. Even better than the verdict, the judge told my supervisor that he was favorably impressed with the way I conducted the trial. He is the presiding criminal judge of that court, so his word carries some weight. I really enjoyed being back in trial.

SL & I went to see Les Mis last night. It was great! Our seats were very good, and of course I love the musical. SL even admitted it was "good." The music hall where it was performed was completely filled.

I hope to be feeling better tomorrow. I have several things I had hoped to accomplish at work before the end of the week.

Poor Sebastian got no walk this morning because of my migraine. I had gone 3 days in a row prior to today. Ah well. Back on track tomorrow, assuming I am feeling OK.

0 comments: