Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday, Monday. . .

Back at work after a pretty fun weekend. SL & I went to the game as planned Saturday night, and our team won handily. (He observed that the game WAS, in fact, a lot more fun when our team won.) We missed seeing our friends while we were up there, but hope to catch them next time.

We got home late and slept in Sunday morning. Then I visited M. She wanted to go to a pet store and pet the puppies & kittens, so that's what we did. She also went with SL & I while we took Sebastian to a "self-service" dog wash near our home. She enjoyed herself. I'm happy because she is doing really well in her current foster home. She has been there for nearly a full year; that stability has made a huge difference to her. She is a much calmer child and her behavior is generally much better, too.

I spent the rest of Sunday doing not a whole heck of a lot. I need to do laundry tonight and hit the grocery store. Also, I have finally started de-cluttering a little! Shocking, I know. I spent a solid 20 minutes yesterday, and I hope to at least one more 15-minute session tonight. Baby steps. . .

SL & I had a talk yesterday about getting back on track with the healthy eating and exercise. We have both gained weight in the past 6 months, and we are both unhappy about it. (And we were both overweight BEFORE our recent weight gain, too.) I have been making an effort to walk in the mornings, but he doesn't really care for getting up early because he can never fall asleep until late. I suggested our working out together in our complex's workout room in the evenings, and he is considering it. He'd really like to go back to the gym and work out with our friend F, but their work schedules are not very complementary now. (Like many men, he'd prefer to lift weights over doing the treadmill or elliptical trainer.)

I am also going to re-join Weight Watchers this week. I do, in fact, blame much of my recent weight gain on Zoloft, and I still plan to explore my other options on that front when I see my doctor next month. However, at the same time, I am not doing everything I can to combat the problem. I have to make some effort to lose this weight. If I recommit to healthier eating & regular exercise and the scale doesn't budge, that will be a different story. But right now I am far from giving 100%.

SL is on board for cooking at home, eating out less, and eating more fruits & veggies. Though he has said these things before, and then we have gradually fallen back into bad habits. I hope to make these habits stick this time. (God, how many times have I said THAT?)

I am hoping that a friend from work will join WW with me. She has been talking about losing her pregnancy weight (note: her daughter was 2 in February) before having another child. It helps to do this kind of stuff with a buddy, I think.

Not much else new to report. It has been so windy here today! I hate wind--it usually makes me cranky. It hasn't had that effect on me today, though.

0 comments: