Friday, May 26, 2006

Fender bender

So as I am leaving for work this morning (already running late), I collided with a neighbor's car as I was pulling out of my space. I honestly don't know if it was my fault, the other driver's fault, or a little of both: I looked in my rearview mirror before backing up and saw no one; the next thing I knew, bam.

The other driver was pretty upset. He is probably about 20 years old, and it is not even his car he was driving, it's his girlfriend's. Anyway, at least no one was hurt. And I guess that's what I have insurance for.

My poor Prius: I broke its right rear tail light cover and left several long, ugly scratches along the bumper. Although I will say, the damage to the other car (a Toyota Camry) was much worse: a large dent and several long, ugly scratches. [sigh]

I'm going to have to drive the Prius in its scarred condition for a while. My insurance policy does not cover a rental car, and I don't even have time to go in and get the damage assessed until next week some time. Oh well. None of the damage to my car will affect its ability to operate safely.

SL & I went to see The DaVinci Code on the spur of the moment last night. He really liked it; I thought it was OK. Of course, the book was much, much better. And they changed several things for the screenplay that didn't make a lot of sense to me. . . and left out some parts that I thought were really interesting in the book. Well, in fairness, I have yet to see a movie based on a book I have read where I wholeheartedly approved of the movie. In fact, the only movie-based-on-a-book I've seen where I thought the movie was at least as good as the book--if not better--was Silence of the Lambs. . . and I actually saw the movie before I read the book.

Off to my friend V's house tomorrow morning to cat sit. SL & I are supposed to meet our friend F and his wife T for dinner tonight, which should be fun.

0 comments: