Sunday, May 07, 2006

But Sunday is a day of rest

SL & his friend left on an overnight trip yesterday, so I have been left to my own devices since about 8:00 last night. I've enjoyed having some alone time. I've also gotten several things done around the house (and am optimistic that I will accomplish more before they return).

My friend A & I went to see The Sentinel this morning. It was pretty good. I figured out who "the mole" in the Secret Service was almost right away, but I still enjoyed it.

I'm reading another Greg Iles novel, Dead Sleep. It's good so far; I am about 100 pages into it. My last read, Marley & Me, was great; I enjoyed it and actually laughed out loud several times (SL looked at me like I was crazy). I'm going to send Marley & Me and the book by "the dog whisperer" to my sister to read.

Sebastian & I met my friend K and her dog for a long walk yesterday morning. It was fun. The dogs had a great time, though by the time we finished, it was getting a little too hot for them. Sebastian's tongue was about 4 times its normal size when we got finished, and he continued to pant for a long time after we got home. I made him lie in front of a small fan and squirted him down with water, and I think that helped him cool off.

I also got a haircut yesterday. No real change in style, but a significant trim--she took off about 2 inches. It looked good when I left the salon. The real test will be how it looks when I style it for work tomorrow.

I finally have a trial this week starting on Tuesday. It should be a short, 2-day trial; it's a simple, straight-forward case. I haven't been in trial since the end of February, so I'm looking forward to it. The only bummer is that a couple of my suits don't fit right now due to my weight gain. And the ones I can wear are snug. Ah well.

I still need to tackle a veritable mountain of laundry, among other things. Oh joy.

0 comments: