Thursday, August 10, 2006

I shoulda smoked that fool

220.4 (sigh)

The scale was up this morning. Probably because I ate a somewhat heavy meal at 9:00 last night, and I am about to start my period. I'm not stressing about it.

Though I will probably continue to weigh daily--it's just become a part of my morning routine now--I am really focusing more on my size and how I look, i.e. how toned I am/am not. No one but me (& my doctor) knows my weight!

This morning marked my 4th consecutive morning exercising. I REALLY didn't want to do it this morning--was very lazy for some reason--but I made myself do it anyway. (Hell, I don't want to come to work some days, but I make myself do THAT.)

Because I have been developing shin splints, I thought it might be a good idea to take a day's break from walking. So I did 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer instead. I had a really good workout! My shins didn't bother me at all. The only negative was that I felt bad for Sebastian: he saw me get dressed and got all excited to go out, then didn't get to go. :(

Eating has been OK. SL made a dinner last night (one of his specialties) that was more points than I had to spend. But he was so excited to cook it for me that I didn't have the heart to turn him down. I have been totally avoiding sweets: no chocolate in over a week! I have a protein shake in the mornings (5 pts), a frozen entree for lunch (4-6 pts), and a reasonable dinner. I've had pistachios for a snack two afternoons and peanuts on another.

I am actually starting to see some muscle tone in my upper arms! I'm enjoying the Buff Brides workouts, but am thinking that I will probably need to do some heavier weights to really define my upper body. I am going to stick with this for now and see where it takes me. . . but I'm already thinking of getting a trainer & joining a nearby gym in early October. That'd give me 6 months until the wedding to tone up.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. I've spent this week reviewing a big case that I'm taking to trial next week. The defendant is a very bad guy (also charged with 1st degree murder in another case). There are 10 separate felony counts in the case, and the events happened on two different dates, so there are a lot of witnesses and it's a bit cumbersome. In addition to trying to wrap my own mind around the facts, I am trying to puzzle out the best way to present them to 12 citizens of the community to prove his guilt. I am excited, though, because this will be the biggest & most serious case I've done to date.

As I believe I mentioned, SL & I are spending Saturday night at a local resort. We are also going to have a nice dinner at the hotel. It will be nice to "get away," even briefly. :)
P.S. Today's post's title is courtesy of next week's defendant: a direct quote of what he told his jailmate about what he should've done to the victim at whom he pointed a loaded .38 revolver.

1 comments:

~Les said...

Sounds like you're doing great on plan, sistah! And avoiding chocolate for a week?? Good for you!

Best of luck on your upcoming trial. And you guys have a fun and relaxing weekend, I'm sure you'll need it right before prosecuting the heck out of that bad guy!!

~Les