Friday, August 04, 2006

About to give up

221.4 (sigh)

As I have mentioned in previous entries, I have been exercising regularly for the past two weeks. I have also been eating much better: less food, more fruits/veggies, and practically no "junk" (I have to say "practically" because I ate a piece of cake yesterday).

Yet, despite my significant efforts, I have lost no weight. None.

In a way, I guess I should just be glad that I haven't gained more. . . while on Zoloft, I went from around 197 to the 220s. But for f%^&'s sake! If I am putting forth this much effort, I expect to see some results!

My sis suggested that perhaps my difficulty is due to now being 35. Everyone knows that your metabolism slows in your late 30s/40s. However, I had never heard of such a RAPID change in metabolism. Back in 2003, I lost 35 lbs in 4 months by doing no more than following the WW points program and walking 45 minutes 3 times a week. I am exercising much more than that now. . . with no results. It seems crazy that there would be THAT big change in my metabolism between age 32 and age 35.

I intend to talk with my doctor about this at my annual app't on 8/21. But I am really at the point where I am about ready to just say forget it and accept that I will be buying plus sizes for the rest of my life. Why deprive myself of foods I enjoy & bust my ass if I'm just gonna be a fat biotch anyway?

Besides, if I gain about another 30 lbs, I'll be a candidate for gastric bypass. :)

0 comments: