Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sunday is a day of rest

(didn't weigh today: yesterday was 204.4)

Mom and I had fun at yesterday's jewelry party, and I was proud of myself for staying within my spending limit. I came in well under, even though I bought a pair of earrings for Mom, too.
MM and I went house-hunting today. He met with the realtor at his place early this afternoon to discuss staging, pricing, and putting it on the market; then we looked at several houses in our desired areas (all within a 5 minutes drive of where I currently live).
I really love one house we saw. The only drawback to it is that it is a little smaller than we'd like. . . . although it doesn't seem as small as it is due to the layout, and the yard is a good size. MM admitted that, despite its size, this house was his top choice of the ones we saw also.
If we were in a position to make an offer today, we'd probably make an offer on this one. Given that this is the first time we've gone out looking at houses, it's probably a good thing that we're not yet in a position to make offer on any. LOL. We will definitely be waiting until MM's place sells.
I have suggested that after the first of April--once he's been to the doctor for allergy medication and Mom has gone back to Ohio--that MM come and "live" with me for a week or two to get the feel for what that will be like before we actually move in together. I think he agrees that it's probably a good idea: it'll give us a chance to see how we interact with each other when we are together all the time, and we can also see how he does with Sebastian before the move is permanent.
It's actually early enough in the day for me to get some stuff done around here (or veg out) before I go to bed; what a change from my usual hectic weekends! This one has been busy, but at least now I have some time to relax and/or clean before the work week starts again tomorrow.
The upcoming week should be moderately--but not crazy--busy at work. I don't think I have anything terribly pressing on my calendar, and I don't have any travel. In light of all this, I will probably take advantage of having less stress and get back on track with my healthier eating. Tomorrow I will go to the gym after work, then to the grocery for some South Beach-compliant foods.

0 comments: