Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Obsession

217.6 (nice)

Tonight will be my second official Weight Watchers weigh-in (it should be my 3rd, but last Tuesday was July 4th). I hope I post a loss. . . I was 220.4 at my last weigh-in. Judging by this morning's weight on my bathroom scale, I should. I have recovered nicely from my couple of over-points days over the holiday weekend.

I talked yesterday to my oldest friend, C. C is the only friend from high school with whom I still keep in touch. Last time we talked a few weeks ago she told me that her husband of 16 years has asked for a divorce. Very sad news; she's my longest-married friend, and I really like her husband.

C seems to be handling the impending divorce pretty well. She told me she has been exercising at least 2 hours a day for the past 2 weeks. She has about 50 lbs she wants to lose and apparently doesn't want to waste much time doing it!

After hearing THAT, I would've been ashamed of myself if I couldn't manage to get in at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise! Right after getting off the phone with her, I went and did 30 minutes (combined) on the elliptical trainer & the treadmill. I worked up a good sweat and felt better for it afterwards.

Despite hearing C's workout schedule, I still didn't manage to get up early this morning and walk the dog. And I won't be able to work out this evening because of my WW meeting. But I hope her motivation will continue to motivate me! My goal is only to work out 3-4 days a week for 30 minutes each day, though, not 2 hours a day, 7 days a week. I know I couldn't sustain that pace for long!

On the way to work this morning, I had a nice chat with W, a friend from law school who is now in the JAG and lives in Virginia. He is getting married in October and was very excited to hear about our wedding plans. He assured me that SL means it when he says he doesn't want to be involved in the planning! Apparently W's fiancee has insisted on consulting him on every wedding-related decision, large & small, throughout their engagement. W has definitely not enjoyed this and encouraged me to leave SL out when I can. He's like "trust me, the man will not mind." hee hee

By the way, I have to share that I told SL about this exchange and he wholeheartedly agreed with W's advice. lol

I am feeling less obsessive about the wedding. I'm still excited, and I'm having a hard time keeping it to myself at work, but I have a good schedule laid out for when I need to accomplish various tasks. I am actually way ahead of the game on most of the planning aspects, so I'm pretty proud of myself.

I'm still thinking about bridesmaids' dresses, hairstyles for me and for the bridesmaids, and a few other things. But for the most part, I'm just getting back to my normal life. :)

0 comments: