Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back to work: ugh!

222.0 (bad girl)

Is it just me, or is it harder to come back to work after a 4-day weekend than after the regular 2-day variety? I am not into being at work today.

I've been slightly "off the wagon" with WW over the weekend. While at home, I ate healthy foods and healthy portions of them. . . but we went out to dinner with friends on Friday night and I ate WAY too much garlic cheese bread. Then we went to a friend's for Independence Day last night and I sinned again: I had two servings of potato salad, two brats, and two pieces of cake, among other things.

Back on track today. I had a Luna bar for breakfast, a nonfat chocolate milk & coffee mid-morning (needed the caffeine to wake me up; it worked), a healthy Trader Joe's black bean & corn enchiladas for lunch, and 2 pts worth of popcorn this afternoon. I'm also drinking lots of water; I'm nearly finished with my 5th 500 ml bottle of the day.

I had good intentions of getting up and walking the dog this morning, but it didn't happen. As it turned out, I hit snooze so many times that I was almost late for work. . . let alone did I have enough time to exercise. Maybe after work tonight; we'll see.

Exciting news: SL & I have been seriously discussing getting married. . . as in, we have looked at dates, locations, etc., and are committed to doing this. We picked one date in March, but are likely going to reschedule (long story, multiple conflicts for people close to us). We have contacted a friend of mine who does professional photography to talk about setting up a date & time for our engagement photos. (We want to wait until he buys "the ring," so it probably won't be until after Labor Day.) I've previewed "save the date" cards and gotten SL's input re which style he likes.

By the way. . . here is the ring I want:

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5603&catid=112&filter_id=0&nav1=band_channel.asp&page=1&col=1&row=1&pos=1&set_shape=

Not cheap, but not nearly as expensive as a diamond engagement ring of the same size would cost. I love sapphires, and I've thought about getting a sapphire engagement ring ever since Lady Di did back in 1981. I'm not a big diamonds girl; never have been.

SL is well aware of my ring preference. I saved it to my bluenile.com wish list months ago, and he has the link to that in his browser's favorites. No chance he'll get it wrong. :)

That's all the news here!

0 comments: