Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I hate to write another post. . .

216.8 (cool)

I noticed when I logged in today that I have 69 posts before writing this one. Makes me want to just stop there. (insert Beavis & Butthead laughter here)

I went to my W.W. meeting last night and weighed 220.0 there, for a total of 4.8 lbs lost. Not too bad, considering my misdeeds since my last weight on 6/27, but I'd hoped for a larger loss based on what I saw on my scale at home. As you can see above, I weighed 3.2 lbs less than that this morning. But whatever, I'll take it. Everyone knows you weigh more in the evening than in the morning; plus, I weigh nearly naked at home & can assure you I do NOT do that at the meetings! lol

As I was about to leave work last night, I got a call back from Lori White, the Vegas makeup artist I want for the wedding. Lori did the hair & makeup for my sister & her bridal party back in April 2003 and did an awesome job; I still think I look fabulous when I look at pictures of myself from that day. (My dad didn't even recognize me when I came down to brunch with hair & makeup done by Lori!)

Lori is available for the day of our wedding! Yea! She is a little pricy ($200 for my hair & makeup, $150 for each bridesmaid's hair & makeup), but I think it will be well worth it. I rarely wear makeup. . . usually only when I have a jury trial. . . and I only do something special to my hair once or twice a year. . . otherwise it just gets a little gel & a 2-minute shot with the blow dryer or gets put up or pulled back in a ponytail. Both my sister and my friend K (who is my maid of honor) strongly encouraged me to get hair & makeup professionally done for the wedding.

I've been looking more at bridesmaid dresses, too. I have come up with several styles I like in the colors I like (all various darker shades of blue). At this point, I think I've decided to stop looking and just wait a few months to make a final decision. It's a little difficult to order right now because my sister is pregnant. . . who knows what size she will be in April?

1 comments:

~Les said...

Congrats on the FANTASTIC loss! YAY!!!

I miss planning a wedding. I was so stressed out about it all the time, but looking back, it really was fun!

~Les