Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Almost August already. . .

I have been remiss, once again, in keeping my blog updated. Tsk, tsk.

I had a fun weekend with D's son J. It was good to see my friend D, too: hadn't seen her since last October. She & her husband have parted ways & filed for divorce since then, so quite a lot is going on in her life. J was reluctant to leave on Sunday, so I guess he had a pretty good time with me. :)

My friend KK offered to make my wedding dress today! Pretty amazing. When I was describing the simple style that I want, she said she'd sew it. I know sewing is her hobby--she made me a beautiful quilt for my law school graduation & quilts regularly--but I would never have thought to ask her to make the dress. . . that just sounds difficult & time-consuming to me. I'm psyched! KK is going to make a sample dress first (in a less expensive material) so I can see how the style suits me and she can practice the pattern. She says she can do the final alterations needed after she & her husband arrive in Vegas for the wedding.

Our save-the-date cards arrived on Thursday; they turned out pretty cute. The only bummer was that I made a wee typographical error. OOPS! I'm hoping that not too many people notice (& that those who do don't say anything!).

SL & I also sent in the 50% deposit for our chapel reservation today. So it looks we really ARE getting married on April 7, 2007, at the MGM Grand! :)

I also sent out the evite today for our engagement party on August 19th. Fun!

Nothing else wedding-related going on. I have pretty much decided which bridesmaid dresses I want and am still looking around for cake toppers & favor ideas. But nothing urgent.

I am going to Weight Watchers tonight. (I missed last week because I was so busy getting ready for J's visit.) I'm pretty sure I will have a gain or a maintain: I didn't eat that well over the weekend, and I had nachos for lunch today. Going to get back on track, though.

Now that I know what the plan is for The Dress, I should be more motivated to start working out harder and more often and eating better. I want to lose as much weight as possible before committing myself to a size. I have asked SL to help. . . but we'll see. He always says he will, but then doesn't follow through.

BTW. . . SL bought me dozen long-stemmed roses in various colors last night. How sweet! (He just arrived home from Alaska yesterday morning.) The roses are on my desk right now, and they smell great!

It is good to have SL home. I missed him.

0 comments: