I am absolutely horrified--though, sadly, not all that surprised--by the number on the scale this morning. I know I ate poorly yesterday, but wow. Just wow.
I have a few updates from my last post (of nearly two weeks ago).
- I have been actively looking for, and applying for, jobs since my last post. I have an interview at another law firm on Friday morning.
- I decided on a whim to try Jenny Craig again instead of doing the hCG diet. I just don't have $650+ to spend on weight loss at the moment, particularly with the uncertainty about my work situation, and I have had my doubts about whether I could manage to only eat 500 calories a day.
- I started Jenny Craig this morning. My official first weigh-in was Friday afternoon, and I weighed 221.1 lbs there. . . . which is very close to what I weighed in 1997 (or 1998?) when I joined JC for the first time. (My start weight then was 222.2.)
- I made it to the gym two days last week. Not great, but it's a start. I focused more on weights than on cardio to ease myself back into things. (I enjoy strength training much more than cardio.)
- After a straight week of nearly-daily headaches, including two full-fledged migraines, I have now had no headaches for almost another week. Hmm.