Friday, November 07, 2008

TGIF

211.2

I haven't written a blog entry since Monday, although there's been loads going on. I didn't want to blog about the election results, even though I watched Obama's speech with a sense of relief and happiness. And although I've been busy, nothing else has really seemed worth blogging about. Just the sort of busy that comes with having a full life. ;-)

MM and I will be married three weeks from today! And I will be leaving town two weeks from today and essentially not returning home until very late on the night of December 2nd. (I'll be home for a few hours on the evening of Sunday November 23rd before leaving for Maui early the following morning.) When I think of all the things I have to accomplish, both at work and in my personal life, before leaving town two weeks from today, I start to feel a little panicky. So I'm trying to just not think about it and accomplish as much as I can each day.

I was home sick yesterday with a migraine (putting me another day behind schedule at work). I was fortunate to feel 100% back to normal this morning.

Tonight MM and I are finally going to see Changeling. Tomorrow I am spending most of the day with my mom: I'll be taking her out to breakfast, spending time at my old apartment sorting through and packing up the last of my stuff there, and we'll be attending a friend's baby shower together in the early afternoon.

Tomorrow night, MM and I are attending a reception for some friends of his who recently eloped. I can't say I am entirely looking forward to the occasion because all the other guests will be friends and acquaintances of MM's who I have not previously met; that never makes for a comfortable evening!

Sunday I will have to get some stuff accomplished around the house, and MM and I are going to his parents' house for dinner. And then another week begins.

The South Beach Diet book arrived. I will hit the grocery store on Sunday and start Phase One on Monday. I figure I will do Phase One for 10 days, until we leave for Las Vegas on November 21st. That'll be better than what I've been doing of late!

1 comments:

Valerie said...

I hope SB goes well for you! (let me know if you need a xanax to help you prepare for the big day. lol)