Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Relaxed

206.8

So obviously things are sh1tty on the weight loss front, and I started my period today. . . . but otherwise life is actually pretty good!

I had a bit of a rough weekend eating-wise. Even so, I was proud of myself simply because it could've been so much worse. I have made some progress in improving my eating habits, and even if they're slow, baby steps, I'll take it.

I had my first relaxing weekend in a long time. I was determined not to keep myself on a tight timeframe for anything, not to go to work or think/stress about work, and not to force myself to do any household chores. . . . simply because it'd been way too long since I just relaxed and because I know it'll be a while before I get to do so again.

Mission accomplished! MM met friends C and her husband C for the Diamondbacks game on Friday night, and the team actually won handily (9-3?). I had chicken nachos, which sounds bad. . . but actually, I usually have a hot dog AND nachos AND ice cream later, so that was actually a "healthy" choice, relative to my usual choices.

Pre-game, MM officially proposed to me. We have known for a while that we are going to get married--and have even booked a little wedding package in Maui for the day after Thanksgiving--but he wanted to actually ASK me before he bought me an engagement ring. Very sweet.

Saturday MM and I went to the gym; visited my friend KH's new baby; and went engagement ring shopping. MM bought me a lovely diamond solitaire. The diamond is being mounted and the ring sized this week; we will pick it up on Friday afternoon. We also bought our wedding bands, so that was all pretty exciting.

We also visited our house on Saturday, and I took several pictures. It is still a bit of a work-in-progress, but it's getting there! Just a couple of photos for now:


Aside from a few little details, the main things still needed appear to be the paint and the carpeting. I'm excited to see the finished product! ;-)

Sunday MM and I saw The House Bunny (save your $$; a rental at best) and had dinner with his parents at a local pizzeria.

Monday I had a massage in the morning. Then KC and I had lunch and went shopping. I resisted the urge to buy about 5 shirts I loved at Macy's--I reminded myself that I'd just spent nearly $800 on MM's wedding band on Saturday--although I did buy one that was on sale for less than $20. Best of all, I bought a very cute dress to wear for our li'l beach wedding. Finding a dress that was right for the occasion has been difficult: I don't want to wear a wedding dress, and I don't want anything too dressy. I had certain colors in mind, too. Add to all that the fact that I'm currently wearing a size 16--which makes shopping for anything more difficult because many designers only go to size 14 and even the "big girls" stores are often sold out of 16--and I am totally psyched to have found a dress.

And even better: it was on major reduction! The sale price was about 80% off the original price. Yes!

Ironic to think that I paid nearly $600 (if you include alterations) for a dress for my wedding to SL that I never wore and ended up donating to charity. . . . and I paid $29.99+tax for this dress that doesn't even need alterations! Hell, I paid more for some items in my current summer wardrobe than I did for this dress.

Anyhoo. . . . I love it when a plan comes together. Now all I have to do is buy some sequined flip-flops, and I'm all set for my beach wedding.

Work is still hella busy and will be for the foreseeable future. Oh well: job security. I'm just taking one day at a time with it because mentally I can't handle thinking too far ahead! ;-) And that's all I have to do say about that. . .

Life is good. Truly. And the fact that I can say that even though my period is here and the scale is up highlights how true it is.

5 comments:

Jessica Mclain said...

The house is beautiful.

Land family said...

Congratulations to you on your official engagement. And hot damn on finding a dress that you like. Can't wait to see pictures. Your house looks great too-what a happy and special time in your life. :)

I'll actually be in AZ when you are off getting hitched. (visiting ILs in Phoenix).

Unknown said...

I love love love those cabinets!

K said...

I'm so excited for you! And I can't wait to see pictures of your dress :) Just think, it's just a few months away (but I'm sure I don't need to remind you of that!).

Rona said...

OK, first of all, congrats on the all officialness of the engagement!

Second, I love the A-Team reference. :)