Sunday, April 30, 2006

Books galore



After my short & sudden trip to be with my dad, I am gradually getting back to normal. Slept in today, then SL & I went out for a yummy breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. After breakfast, I spent some time on the computer, reading blogs, answering emails, playing Bookworm, and shopping on ebay. I took a nap in the afternoon. After my nap, SL & I went to Barnes & Noble, where I put a significant dent in the $75 worth of gift cards I got for my birthday last month. SL is now watching his Sunday line-up of Fox cartoons while I get in more quality computer time. tee hee

Back to our Barnes & Noble trip: I would love to win a $1000 shopping spree to that store. I just love buying books! I bought Marley & Me (which I had bought my dad for his birthday), a new novel by Jacquelyn Mitchard, Dead Sleep by Greg Iles (my June book club selection), and 2 "improve your relationship" books (with SL's input & approval). I could've bought a whole bunch more, but I restrained myself. Such fun.

Sebastian had a very relaxing Sunday, as you can see from his photo above. I plan to get up early tomorrow morning and walk him; I know he has really missed his daily exercise with me gone Thursday through Saturday. (I, of course, need the exercise, too.)

I took M out yesterday afternoon as planned. We went to the Children's Museum, and then I took her out for ice cream. She had a good time. She seems to be doing very well in her current foster placement. She acted perfectly during our outing and even thanked me for taking her out and for the ice cream. She continues to surprise me with her knowledge of song lyrics and her progressing reading abilities.

I have an uneventful week ahead. Can't believe tomorrow is already May 1st! We are expected to get into the 90s this week. I really need to go shopping for some spring work clothes; maybe next week. I know it is very unwomanly to say this, but I hate to shop! I only do it when necessary. Unfortunately, with my weight gain and the weather heating up, it looks like it *is* necessary. (sigh)

0 comments: