Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Day Three

Today is the third consecutive day I've gotten up earlier and gone for a walk before work. (Sebastian is loving it.) SL went with me yesterday, but not today or Monday.

I actually had my best workout yet this morning. I made the entire 2-mile path that we walk in just over 35 minutes; I also jogged for about 5 minutes of that. I wore my iPod and had a great time; it is a beautiful morning. Low 50s, clear & sunny. As I think I noted before, I go faster without SL there, too.

I still felt a little sleepy part of the day yesterday, but my energy level was definitely better than it has been on the days I have not exercised. So I think this is helping.

My eating is still not that great, but I brought my lunch to work both Monday & Tuesday. Still not laying off the chocolate, but I am trying to eat less.

I am kicking around the idea of trying to walk every day for 30 days. I also just started reading the "Dog Whisperer's" book; he talks about how important it is to a dog to take long walks with its master. So it would definitely be to Sebastian's benefit, as well as my own, to walk daily. I originally thought I'd shoot for 4-5 days a week, but 7 would be better, right?

0 comments: