It's been so long since I've posted that I'm not even quite sure where to begin. Think I'll just do a quick, bullet points update for now and post some photos from my recent trip later this evening.
- My nephew Rowan: best baby in the world. OK, so I'm probably more-than-a-little biased, but he is exceptionally happy and cute. He is 20 months old and so fun!!
- My sister V: great! I really enjoyed seeing her. She has lost weight since our last visit and looked fabulous. And she gave MM two thumbs up.
- MM: wonderful. We had a good time together on our trip--our longest one together to date--and the cohabitation is going well so far.
- Work: so far I've had a mostly unproductive day. But not much work accumulated in my 3-day absence, so things could be worse.
- Sebastian: was very excited to see us last night. I am taking him to the vet this afternoon because I discovered a red, raw area at the base of his tail this morning. I think it is a "hot spot," but want to make sure it's nothing more serious.
- Health: Rowan passed on his cold to me, so I've been sick since Monday morning. I am fortunate in that the symptoms of this cold have not been terrible; however, I have an annoying, hacking cough and have almost lost my voice today. (On the plus side, the weak, hoarse voice garners sympathy from my coworkers. LOL) I made a dentist appointment this morning--I've been thinking I have a cavity in one of my molars--as well as a OB/GYN appointment for my annual exam.
- Life in general: I obviously have a boatload of laundry to do tonight, but am mostly unpacked, caught up on emails, and only have a couple of phone calls I still need to return. Life is returning to normal. It's a beautiful day here in Phoenix: it was only 91 degrees when I drove to work this morning! The news says the monsoon is starting soon, so we should be getting some much-needed rain. I love monsoon!