Thursday, July 10, 2008

Quick update

209.2

It's been so long since I've posted that I'm not even quite sure where to begin.  Think I'll just do a quick, bullet points update for now and post some photos from my recent trip later this evening.

  • My nephew Rowan:  best baby in the world.  OK, so I'm probably more-than-a-little biased, but he is exceptionally happy and cute.  He is 20 months old and so fun!!
  • My sister V:  great!  I really enjoyed seeing her.  She has lost weight since our last visit and looked fabulous.  And she gave MM two thumbs up.
  • MM:  wonderful.  We had a good time together on our trip--our longest one together to date--and the cohabitation is going well so far.
  • Work:  so far I've had a mostly unproductive day.  But not much work accumulated in my 3-day absence, so things could be worse.
  • Sebastian:  was very excited to see us last night.  I am taking him to the vet this afternoon because I discovered a red, raw area at the base of his tail this morning.  I think it is a "hot spot," but want to make sure it's nothing more serious.
  • Health:  Rowan passed on his cold to me, so I've been sick since Monday morning. I am fortunate in that the symptoms of this cold have not been terrible; however, I have an annoying, hacking cough and have almost lost my voice today. (On the plus side, the weak, hoarse voice garners sympathy from my coworkers. LOL)  I made a dentist appointment this morning--I've been thinking I have a cavity in one of my molars--as well as a OB/GYN appointment for my annual exam.
  • Life in general:  I obviously have a boatload of laundry to do tonight, but am mostly unpacked, caught up on emails, and only have a couple of phone calls I still need to return.  Life is returning to normal.  It's a beautiful day here in Phoenix: it was only 91 degrees when I drove to work this morning!  The news says the monsoon is starting soon, so we should be getting some much-needed rain.  I love monsoon!

1 comments:

Rona said...

come visit tucson--- monsoon season is in full swing!
glad to hear you had a great time on your trip!