Thursday, July 24, 2008

Play with Mikey!

211.2 (double yikes!)

I went to bed at 8:20 last night because I had been frickin' exhausted all day.  Thus, when MM returned home from working yesterday evening a little after 9, I was already asleep.  (We had seen each other briefly between 6:30 and 7, when he came home to eat a quick dinner.)

At around 11:30 p.m., I was awakened by what sounded like a cat meowing. . . . but which, even in my half-asleep state, I identified as MM trying to sound like a meowing cat.  After running to the restroom, I returned to bed and asked MM why he was meowing.

MM:  I was trying to get Sebastian to come over.  (Sebastian was fast asleep on the floor near the foot of the bed throughout this exchange.)
Me:  Why didn't you just call his name?
MM:  I don't know.
Me:  I was fast asleep.
MM:  I didn't think you'd hear the meowing.
Me:  OK, I'm going back to sleep.
MM:  NO!  Stay up and play with Mikey!

MM proceeded to keep me awake for another 10-15 minutes and told me how sad he'd been when he got home and I was already in bed.  "I wanted to talk to you and hang out.  You should've been waiting up for me."

So much for my fears that living together would not afford him enough alone time. . . . .

1 comments:

Emily Canady said...

oh my goodness, this is hillarious. I love this story all around. Play with Mikey :) A meowing cat and the need for attention. I love it. Men are funny, and they say that men get infinately happier when they are in a committed relationship while women are the ones who suffer. Anyhow, I hope YOU get enough alone time.