Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I'm so glad it's Friday! For some reason, this week has seemed really long to me. Nice to see it end.

This afternoon, as early as I can leave work, I am leaving to visit my father for the weekend. He lives in a neighboring state, in a city about 4 hours drive from where I live. Wednesday was his birthday, and this coming Tuesday is mine, so we are going to spend "our" birthday weekend together.

I'm looking forward to seeing my dad. Sometimes he drives me crazy, but I love him. And I know many of his traits that drive me crazy bug me precisely because I have the same personality traits, so I try to be tolerant.

SL gave me my birthday present early last night: an Ipod Nano. It's so cool! I can't believe how tiny it is. I will be able to load all the songs on all the CDs I own onto it and still have space for more. What a thoughtful gift-giver he is!

Much as I am looking forward to visiting my dad, I hate going there for the weekend. It is a long, boring drive, and I'll miss Sebastian (& SL, of course, but at least I can talk to him on the phone). Plus, when I go away for the weekend, I have no time to relax and to catch up on all the household stuff I neglect all week. . . and I've been neglecting the house more this week even than usual because I've felt so frickin' tired every day. Ah well. It's a trade-off.

0 comments: