Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Baby steps

I was looking back this week at my New Year's resolutions. They were:

  • Begin eating more healthfully & exercising regularly again; lose 50 lbs in 2006
  • Organize home
  • Play fewer computer games

We are nearly 1/4 of the way through 2006. So far the only real accomplishment I can point to is that I finally overcame my "addiction" to Yahoo Bookworm. I am, in fact, spending far less time playing computer games.

As to my other resolutions, my progress has not been so good. I've written before about my lack of motivation to exercise and eat right. I am trying to take things a little at a time. So here are the things I did well today:

  • I did bring my lunch to work today (Lean Cuisine panini)
  • I ate a healthy breakfast (oatmeal)
  • I didn't drink a cafe con chocolate this morning
  • I ate no pastry (muffin, danish, scone, etc.) during the morning
  • I drank 2 liters of water
  • I cleaned the kitchen sink and counters
  • I did 3 loads of laundry

That doesn't sound like much, but it's more than I've done lots of other days this year. . . .

0 comments: