Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

Today is my 35th birthday. Hard to believe I am this old! I feel almost exactly the same mentally as I felt at 25!

Short entry today because I have mounds and mounds of work on my desk and I am planning to take Friday off. So I've got to get all this done.

Found out this morning that my friend M, who works in our office with me and is on my same trial team, took a job in a neighboring city. I'm so sad! Not only will I miss him at work, he & his wife and SL & I have become good friends and regularly socialize. They are expecting their first baby in early August, and I was looking forward to spending time with all of them. Now they will be over 100 miles away. I'm sure it is a good decision for them--they both have family where they are moving and he will make more money--but I'm going to miss them.

SL is taking me out for a nice dinner tonight to celebrate my birthday. I'm excited about it!

I had a good visit with my dad last weekend. It seemed very short, though. And the drive is SO long and boring. . . .

0 comments: