Monday, December 15, 2008

Wow, actual cool weather!

Here in Phoenix, we don't see much of what most people would consider cold weather. Today is an odd one: it's overcast and the current temperature is 54 degrees. If it were colder--and I lived in another part of the country--I'd almost say it looks like it's going to snow. But I know that won't happen in Phoenix. The forecast does call for rain, though.

My weekend was a busy and productive one. I've been having some difficulty getting into "the Christmas spirit" this year. MM and I bought our tree and wreaths on Saturday; I addressed all my (50+) Christmas cards and wrote something in about half of them; decided on our Christmas Eve menu; and Sebastian got his photo taken with Santa at Petsmart on Saturday. So things are starting to feel a bit more "seasonal."

Oh, and for those who were speculating whether I might be pregnant in response to my "Bleh" post of last week. . . . yeah, my period arrived early Sunday morning. So I guess I did just have a prolonged case of The Mondays.

Mom and I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" on Saturday night while MM was out with his friend. I love that movie! I really should buy it on DVD so that I could watch it more often. My sister often jokes that I'm "dead inside" because I hardly ever cry at things that others find moving. . . but that movie makes me tear up every time I watch it.

My dad is home from the hospital as of yesterday and doing better. My stepmom developed a cold after her surgery, so she's not feeling so hot. I'm sure it's not a fun time to be at their house! MM and I will be flying to visit them on New Year's Day: his first visit to New Mexico!

I finally got a few digital photos of our wedding from my MIL. Will post sometime this week. . . .

2 comments:

TUWABVB said...

It is a high of 39 degrees today in Austin. A HIGH, not a LOW. I can't believe it - I don't remember Texas being this cold - well, ever! I think everyone is shocked by the weather, including my husband (an almost life-long Texas resident). I guess I finally have to take my winter clothes out of storage, huh? Glad to hear that your dad is better!!!

Kristi Marie said...

You'll have to show us Sebastian's picture with Santa :) I bet he looks dashing as usual.....

And I can't wait to see the wedding pics.

I'm so not a fan of cold weather, now I'm kinda glad Rob and I aren't going on an Alaskan cruise. Brr!