Monday, January 03, 2011

(tap,tap) Hello? Is this thing on?

I seem to have (mostly) abandoned my blog. Too bad, as it was five years ago this month that I started it.

Even more sad: I am heavier today than the first time I posted. By a lot. Though I didn't post my weight for the first few months, the first post on which I did include my actual weight said I was 202.4 pounds (and I was horrified by this number).

This morning's weight was 18 pounds heavier than that. Yep, I tipped the scales at 220.4 this morning. Yikes.
I don't know where I'm going with this. I'm not recommitting today to improving my eating or to exercising. Even *I* am sick of hearing myself make the same old promises to myself to get in shape and be healthier and never keeping them, at least not in the longer term.
I guess I just wanted to check in and acknowledge my exceptional fatness and failure.

4 comments:

JessiferSeabs said...

I know allllllll the lyrics to this song! I decided that this year, instead of making resolutions, I'd set intentions. Seems kinder and gentler, for some reason.

Flying Monkeys said...

You know that nod men give each other to let each other know they get each other? I'm doing that to you right now.

K said...

((Hugs)) Sharon. I hope you don't abandon your blog - I enjoy reading it. And I'm always here for you, whether to be another shoulder, or to cheer you on, or just to listen.

Land family said...

yeah, unfortunately me too. Glad to hear that you are otherwise okay.