Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday already?

I have become a lazy blogger of late! It's certainly not because I have nothing I want to write. I had good intentions of writing a post about our weekend trip to San Antonio, complete with photos; I've just never gotten around to it. I've been exceptionally tired, and once I get home from work and the gym and eat dinner, take the dogs to the park, and give them some love, I don't seem to have time or energy left to do anything else before bed.

Lately it seems that no matter what time I go to bed, I wake up tired (and sometimes with a mild headache, too). I've actually gotten Starbucks caffe mochas twice in the past week or so simply because I *had* to be able to focus and concentrate at work and couldn't do it without some caffeine. I'm actually mildly concerned about this because I don't think there is any reason for me to be this tired all the time. I've been exercising 2-3 times a week; my eating has been about the same as ever (meaning a typical "American" diet, interspersed with stabs at eating more healthy, whole foods); I seem to be sleeping soundly and well; I have no more stress than usual going on; I even bought a new pillow that cradles my neck wonderfully. Hmmm.

I never went in for my annual physical in January, and I've been thinking that I should make an appointment for a physical and address this with my doctor. At a minimum, he will probably want to check my cholesterol and triglyceride levels, so I can probably ask him to check some other bloodwork at the same time to see if I am anemic or having thyroid issues or something.

Anyhoo. . . . before anyone gets ideas, let me be clear that there is absolutely NO chance that I am pregnant! So that's not what's making me tired. ;-)

I will save more detailed information about our trip to San Antonio for when I get around to writing that post complete with photos. Suffice it to say that we had a good, relaxing time.

The golden boys fared well in our absence. Hunter was apparently fearful of our dog sitter initially at her first visit but warmed up to her quickly once he realized that she knew his name and wanted to give him love. His kennel cough is nearly all cleared up, too: he only has the occasional hack now instead of that awful choking sound. Fortunately, Sebastian has never gotten sick, though I suppose we can't be certain that he won't for another few days, given the 5-14-day incubation period of kennel cough. We are optimistic, though, as it has been eleven days already since Hunter came to live with us and just over a week since he started showing kennel cough symptoms himself.

I booked our flights to DC for our fall vacation today. Otherwise it's just been work, work, work. My supervising partner has a case set for trial in less than a month, so that has been taking up a lot of time. It's a case to which I've been assigned from the beginning (about 19-20 months?). If the trial goes forward as scheduled on June 9, I will get to attend jury selection. . . . in Yuma. We shall see; the judge currently has a murder trial scheduled the previous week, so that may cause us to get bumped.

Getting back to it. . . .