Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Pizza, the temptor

217.8

I continue to chuckle at how much the scale lies. Really? I lost 2.2 lbs since yesterday morning? I think not.

My first day back on SB was pretty good. I had a little bit of an energy crash in the afternoon, probably due to the fact that I ate no carbs at all. (I'd slept great and had no other explanation for my slump.) I also felt faintly nauseated after eating 3 1/2 servings of vegetables at lunch (a HUGE salad). So maybe I won't pack that many veggies into one sitting again.

I walked for 34 minutes, burning 193 calories according to my heart monitor, but I think my distance fell slightly short of the 2 miles I'd planned. I'm not 100% sure because I haven't mapped that route or measured the distance.

I had one little slip: MM ordered a pizza for dinner, and I had two bites after eating my own dinner. It was thin crust with no toppings (on the bites I ate), so it wasn't the end of the world, but still. . . . carbs.

I drank my usual 2-3 liters of water. I had a massage yesterday afternoon, and my massage therapist commented immediately that she could tell I was very well-hydrated. I was peeing every 30-45 minutes there for a while during the day; far more than I thought was proportional to my water intake, which was curious.

We shall see how today goes. I am planning to hit the elliptical for 30 minutes this evening to knock out my daily 2 miles. I usually go around 2.25 miles in 3 minutes on there, so I can make up for the mileage I missed last night, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are off to a great start! I always look at little tiny slip-ups as not that big of a deal...they are the things that keep us sane.

I'm with you...I started yesterday and am seeing how much weight I can take off in March!

Flying Monkeys said...

Nice job! Macho's been gone the last couple of days and I cheated a couple of times. I keep reminding myself it's NOWHERE near where I was and I'll regroup when he's home.

I think if you're having 'illness' caused by carbs you should add a couple as you phase down. Carbs are bad but they aren't Satan.