- There is nothing wrong with setting the bar low. In fact, lower (or at least realistic) expectations are a good way to avoid disappointment and upset.
- I will never be "hip" or "with it," no matter how hard I try or how much money I spend.
- You will never please everyone, so work on pleasing yourself and those close to you.
- Even people whose lives seem "perfect" have problems.
- Dogs, good friends and good books will bring more happiness and contentment than an expensive car, stylish clothes and a big house.
- Those "popular" people in high school who your dad said would end up checking groceries at the Saf.eway? Yeah, Dad wasn't too far off the mark.
- Ditto for Mom's prediction that half the people who got married in their 20s would be "divorced and back out on the market" by the time I was ready to get married. Sad but true.
- A sense of humor and reliability are way more important qualities in a man than outstanding good looks and "excitement."
P.S. Isn't today's weight atrocious?! I thought I was looking even fatter than usual lately, and I am!