Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

Hi ho. TGIF! Friday the 13th always creeps me out a little because when I was a child, my mother crashed on a motorcycle she was test driving on a Friday the 13th. To my recollection, nothing else bad has happened to me on a Friday the 13th since, but I still think something might.

I am working my way back to jogging this week. I started the Couch to 5K Training Program that I did back in late 2003 when I used to jog regularly (I actually ran in a 5K race in April 2004). My dog Sebastian has been overjoyed because he has been out on the trail either walking or jogging every evening this week. I plan to go again today after work. I actually enjoy exercise.

On the eating front, I haven't had so great a day. I attended a large party at lunch with lots of other people from my office. In addition to eating chips and a fattier sandwich than I would usually eat, I also had a piece of chocolate cake with frosting. I am following the Weight Watchers Points program. When I counted up the "damage," I have already exceeded my maximum points for today. . . and it's only 1:30 PM. (Sigh) And I know we are having dinner with SL's parents tonight, too. . . though I also know that his mom is preparing a Weight Watchers recipe, so perhaps I won't have to use up too many of my weekly flex points.

I have some fun things planned for the weekend. Saturday morning I am going hiking with Sebastian and my friend K and her dog. Saturday night we will probably go play Texas Hold 'em with a group of friends. And Sunday afternoon I will be taking M, the child for whom I am a court appointed advocate (CASA), on an outing. Provided the weather is nice, I think I will take M to a local outdoor museum. It's very cool because they have live animals as well as a variety of exhibits.

Back to work!

0 comments: