Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving thanks

In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, I decided I would make this post about some of the things, people, etc., in my life for which I am thankful. In no particular order:

  • My dog Sebastian. He puts a smile on my face every day.
  • SL. I am blessed to have found someone to love who loves me and is a true partner in every sense of the word.
  • My good health. Despite my struggles with my weight, I have been so fortunate. Not only have I never suffered from a major or chronic illness. . . I rarely even get a cold or stomach bug. Lucky, lucky.
  • I'm thankful my parents are still living. Sadly, I have many friends who can no longer say the same.
  • My new nephew Rowan. So adorable!
  • My sister & our relationship. Amazing that she is now a mom. I'm grateful we still talk all the time, even though we live 3000 miles apart.
  • My friends. I am proud to claim a large group! From my "oldest" friends C & D, to friends at work, to my law school friends, and the rest. . . I've been changed for the better in some small way by each of them. I'm so lucky to have so many people who love me.
  • Having a job I enjoy that makes a difference. I love the intellectual challenge of the law. And being able to work in goverment and help protect the community gives my work the meaning I need.
  • Mobile phone. Don't know how I got along without it! I can call friends and family almost any time. . . and I feel safer knowing help is only a phone call away.
  • Down comforter. Comfy & cozy at night.
  • My reliable, gas-saving Prius. It's so nice to have a car you know won't leave you stranded. It's even nicer when you only have to gas up once a month.
  • The internet. How do I find the answers to my questions before google?
  • My digital camera. I have so enjoyed capturing the beauty of nature and special times with friends and family. And not using film means I shoot more pictures: no more guilt about "wasting" film!
  • My upcoming visit to my sister's. I can't wait to see her & the baby. . . and it'll be nice to have some time off from work, too.
  • Having enough money to pay my bills and live relatively comfortably.
  • My freedom & my good fortune in being born in the best country in the world. I have, as my birthright, what many would literally give their lives to have.
  • Our Dyson vacuum cleaner. Don't wanna sound like a commercial. . . but wow.

0 comments: